SOLD - Acquisition of Dorset company by global player creates a complete water management consultancy
Established in 1979 by David Barrow the consultancy of Wat-er-Save Services provides advice on water management from helping clients understand tariffs and monitoring consumption to leakage detection and repair.
The clients of the business include businesses with industrial and manufacturing premises and large sites such as university campuses and holiday and leisure parks. From its headquarters in Dorchester, Dorset the business services clients across the United Kingdom.
On deciding to plan for retirement David Barrow and his wife Kathleen chose to put their business on the market with Exeter based specialist business transfer agents Beardsley Theobalds. The business was advertised on several websites within the industry and targeted mailshots were undertaken. The business soon caught the attention of Steve Gayler from Water Intelligence International, the UK division of a global clean water and waste water management company, with headquarters in the USA. A deal was negotiated which will see the staff of the business remain in place as well as creating opportunities for expansion.
Water Intelligence were attracted by the excellent fit of Wat-er-Save Services with their existing operations, so they can now offer clients a full range of water management services. Additionally, Nathan Barrow, the son of the vendors who has effectively been the general manager of the business for several years, will remain in place. This will aid the smooth transition into new ownership and assist the development of the new, combined venture.
- First class name and reputation
- Excellent track record
- Enviable and growing client base
- Skilled staffing resources
- Good project management skills
- Extremely beneficial working relationships with reliable contractors across UK
- Flexible business strategy
- Sales £1.018m (Adjusted Net Profit £366,000)
- Business turnover set to grow appreciably (mainly in South West) over the next 3 years to circa £1.45m
- Prior to 2021 the company had not actively marketed its services (or had any plan to do so) to attract new clients – it has relied solely on recommendations from existing clients!
- Real scope to further develop business throughout UK – very scalable
- Available with existing business premises (leased) or on a relocation basis
- Attractively priced to encourage early interest
- Genuine retirement sale
MARKETING PRICE : Offers around £700,000