Leading Book Wholesaler - West Country based
Price : £1,400,000
Business Reference No. 12746
- Long and well established
- Impressive growth of wholesale trade with etail clients
- Offers next day delivery to all parts of Great Britain for all orders received by noon
- Very successful and profitable
- Easily managed – current owner/director usually works in the business just 3 to 4 half days per week (including from home)
- Good, loyal and flexible staff – including a manager who is fully capable of controlling the business (and does) in the owner/director’s absence
- Turnover £1.7m (Adj. Net Profit £538,000) and rising
- Business sales have grown from £1.235m in 2017/18 financial year
- Real and very significant further trade development potential
- Excellent business premises
- Genuine retirement sale
THE BUSINESS : After twenty highly successful years in retailing, the company’s current wholesale business was established in 1990, initially as a van-sales operation covering Cornwall and Devon (based mostly on a summer season trade, with just a small number of local customers trading through the winter months). In 1999 the company based its business in purpose-built premises in Launceston, Cornwall – a property which has since been extended in order to cope with its significant trade expansion. Today the company is the leading wholesaler of books, maps and guides based in the westcountry in addition to operating a small but burgeoning mail-order trade. It offers an e...
Register with us for FREERegister with us to view more information about this business, receive new business email alerts and more.New users must register and be issued with a unique ID before individual details can be released to them. This can be done immediately by completing our short registration form.
Registered users login here
If you have registered with us before and wish to change any of the information we have about you (e.g. new email address) please do not register again but let us know the new information so that we can amend our existing records accordingly. This will help to ensure that we can continue to notify you of relevant businesses as they come on to the market. Please see the contact us page.