Painting, Decorating, DIY & some Ironmongery Retailer/Wholesaler - Somerset Town
Price : £165,000
Business Reference No. 12741
- Very long established
- Excellent name and reputation
- Paint sales and a popular paint-mixing service (using Corob System equipment) accounts for about 60% of turnover – significant scope to develop other aspects of the trade
- Turnover £216,000 (Net Profit £20,000 for single working owner) y/e 31/10/2020 despite impact of Covid-19 related restrictions on trade and owner’s declining working ability due to deteriorating health problems
- Real scope for considerable trade expansion – in addition to benefit of post Covid-19 lifted restrictions ahead
- Genuine prospects for (say) a working couple to make circa £50,000 p.a. (post Covid-19 restrictions) in 2022
- Large, double-fronted shop premises in good trading location (with on-street parking) near town centre
- Valuable freehold property included in sale price
- Offered for sale at extremely attractive price to encourage an early sale and thereby enable the current owner to retire
THE BUSINESS : Established in 1932 and acquired by the current owner’s father in 1965, following whose retirement in 1987 the business has since been owned and operated by the son (who had previously worked in the business in partnership with his father and mother).
The main selling product line is paint – including a popular paint colour mixing service – which accounts for about 60% of total sales turnover. The next best ‘sellers’ are ceramic tiles, tile ancillary products and wall coverings which together account for circa 25% of turnover. The remaining turnover is based on sales of miscellaneous items, including some ironmongery products, and a small amount ...
Register with us for FREERegister with us to view more information about this business, receive new business email alerts and more.New users must register and be issued with a unique ID before individual details can be released to them. This can be done immediately by completing our short registration form.
Registered users login here
If you have registered with us before and wish to change any of the information we have about you (e.g. new email address) please do not register again but let us know the new information so that we can amend our existing records accordingly. This will help to ensure that we can continue to notify you of relevant businesses as they come on to the market. Please see the contact us page.