Comprehensive Gardening, Grounds Maintenance, Tree Surgery and Associated Services - Somerset
Guide Price : £132,000
Business Reference No. 12722
- Long and very well established
- Operating mainly within a 25 mile radius (approx.) of Weston-super-Mare, Somerset
- Works for commercial and domestic clients including housing associations, church dioceses, town and parish councils and industrial site occupiers as well as the general public
- Services include contract grounds maintenance, fencing, landscaping, gardening, tree surgery, wood milling and the provision of compost, mulches, bark and seasoned hardwood logs (firewood)
- Tree surgery work has been carried out by specialist sub-contractors since 2016
- Turnover £235,000 (Net Profit £50,000)
- Extensive and high value range of vehicles, tractors, trailers, machinery, equipment and tools included in sale of business
- Owner works part-time (about 24 hours per week on average)
- Owner has developed the business to a level at which he can comfortably manage, but there is definite scope for a more ambitious owner to further expand the trade
- Sale of business required to enable owner to pursue a new (non-competing) venture
- Very attractively priced to encourage early sale
THE BUSINESS : The gardening services business was established in 1976 and was acquired in 2010 by the current owner who, having established a tree surgery business in 1999, merged the two businesses into the business it is today.
Gardening and Grounds Maintenance work represents about 60% of total income and splits roughly 50/50 between commercial (54) and private (50) regular clients. The commercial clients include housing associations, church dioceses, town and parish councils as well as a Somerset based YMCA, estate and letting agents and others. The private clients are in receipt of regular gardening services (...
Register with us for FREERegister with us to view more information about this business, receive new business email alerts and more.New users must register and be issued with a unique ID before individual details can be released to them. This can be done immediately by completing our short registration form.
Registered users login here
If you have registered with us before and wish to change any of the information we have about you (e.g. new email address) please do not register again but let us know the new information so that we can amend our existing records accordingly. This will help to ensure that we can continue to notify you of relevant businesses as they come on to the market. Please see the contact us page.