Independent Commercial Marine Company Combining the Activities of Commercial Diving, Marine Contracting and Underwater Engineering - Falmouth Docks
Price : £800,000 Offers Invited
Business Reference No. 12702
- Established in 1980
- Operational base located within the Falmouth Docks complex of A & P Group Ltd., Cornwall which is situated at the entrance to the English Channel (where excellent underwater visibility and sheltered anchorages exist)
- Multi-disciplined marine contractors carrying out a variety of marine based operations undertaking work on, under and beside the water including underwater ship repairs and maintenance, classification society approved in-water surveys, craneage, towing, mooring maintenance, dredging, piling and maritime, civil and underwater engineering work
- Although trends are constantly changing, currently approximately 46% of total work relates to work on ships and dock repairs, etc. at Falmouth Docks and roughly 29% of the total is in respect of in-water surveys on large commercial vessels. N.B. The subject company is the only one with 'dive capability' operating in Falmouth Docks
- Over the years the company has completed thousands of projects, large and small, for a diverse range of clients, mainly within the South West (about 90% of the total) but also in other areas of the UK and northern Europe
- Currently the only ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) classification society approved supplier in the UK for in-water surveys
- Also approved by RINA, ClassNK, Lloyds Register, DNV-GL, KR (Korean Register), MOD, ADC, CHAS, and Bureau Veritas
- Marine plant fleet includes small tugs/workboats, work barges, floating cranes and associated general marine and other equipment including vehicles, etc. with total current value in the region of £600,000
- N.B. The company is offered for sale due only to the death of the founding owner operator in August 2015. His wife and daughter then inherited the company and have since operated the busin...
Register with us for FREERegister with us to view more information about this business, receive new business email alerts and more.New users must register and be issued with a unique ID before individual details can be released to them. This can be done immediately by completing our short registration form.
Registered users login here
If you have registered with us before and wish to change any of the information we have about you (e.g. new email address) please do not register again but let us know the new information so that we can amend our existing records accordingly. This will help to ensure that we can continue to notify you of relevant businesses as they come on to the market. Please see the contact us page.