Superyacht Title to be Re-launched
The Superyacht Owners’ Guide is a luxury coffee table book given free to yacht owners, potential yacht owners and super-wealthy individuals. It is a mixture of editorial and advertising and gives inspiration, education, advice and contacts that people need to realise their superyacht dream.
The advertisers are truly international businesses operating in luxury b…
- Seating & desk furniture with strong emphasis on ergonomics, style & quality of manufacture
- Often sold to people with back problems
- U.K. importers for Scandinavian & German manufacturers
- Extensive customer list – private individuals, companies, consulting rooms, conference centres, etc.
- Own retail outlet but minimal marketing undertaken – enormous scope for entrepreneurial person
- Limited trading hours…
- Long and very well established (almost entirely for wide & diverse range of London clients - based in Devon)
- Excellent name and reputation
- Highly skilled and loyal workforce
- Extensively and valuably equipped
- All product output manufactured on bespoke basis
- Enviable client base
- Lots of repeat, recommended and referred trade
- No marketing employed to promote business
- Turnover £1.8m (Net Profit £468,000)
Dorset printer Creeds has a new owner. Tristan Phillips has bought the firm from Harry and Marilyn Harrison, who are retiring. Tristan promises to maintain and build on its winning formula.
It’s the first time in Creeds’ 62-year history that its ownership has passed out of the founder’s family – Marilyn Harrison is the daughter of John Creed, who started the business in 1956 – but everyone invol…
- Long and well established business
- Located in excellent trading position near Exeter City centre
- Enviable name and reputation
- Known for quality of garments and for professional standards of service
- Specialist, post-surgery help and advice given to clients
- Fittings almost entirely by appointment only
- Vast majority of fittings conducted at the shop but some visits undertaken to clients’ homes and also to…
- Long and well established business supplying & installing high quality contract flooring and Whiterock hygienic wall cladding to the commercial, educational, sporting and residential sectors
- Operating throughout the South West but mainly in Devon and Cornwall via branches in Plymouth and Exeter
- Highly skilled and loyal workforce
- Turnover £1.27m
- Net Profit £97,000 prior to directors’ remuneration
- Well established
- Excellent name and reputation
- Able to rely heavily on recommendations and referrals – so little need for marketing expenditure
- All ‘housekeepers’ self-employed
- Operated from home, consequently low overheads
- Turnover £121,000
- Adjusted Net Profit £67,000
- Portfolio of clients’ properties purposely restricted to suit subject business owner’s personal requirements (much potential new busines…
- Very long and well established
- Excellent and loyal customer base
- Delivery rounds to retail trade customers throughout Cornwall and Devon plus parts of Somerset (also pallet only deliveries to retail trade customers in other areas)
- Able to rely heavily on repeat and recommended trade - Very little marketing undertaken to promote the business but has developed good followings on Facebook and Twitter
Country Garden Patio Centre Ltd. based in Clyst St. Mary near Exeter was established in 1986 by John Folan and secured a first class name and reputation supplying quality paving, garden sheds and other hard landscaping materials across Devon and parts of Dorset, Somerset and Cornwall from its base at St. Bridget Nurseries. The business offers advice on products and designs and, with the nature of…
For anyone travelling along the A38 between Plymouth and Exeter the name of Outdoor Experience is probably well known. Initially trading from a site adjacent to the dual-carriageway at Ashburton and, more recently from a site at Teigngrace, (near Trago Mills and opposite the British Ceramic Tile factory), the business grew from just selling camping gear to offering both new Bailey caravans and us…
Cleaning Franchise Territory sale appeals to people looking to be their own boss but have franchisor support.
The commercial property cleaning specialist firm, Betterclean was established in the Plymouth area in 1995 and then acquired by Dan van Kuyk in 2005. Dan set about expanding the business firstly into the Torbay area and then around Exeter and the EX postcode area generally. Via the growth …
W.T. Endacott of Okehampton was established circa 1885 and remained in the same family ownership, covering four generations, until a recent sale to allow the owners to retire.
Founded in South Zeal the business relocated to East Street, Okehampton in 1984 to a premises that offered a bakery plus shop. An additional shop was taken on in Red Lion Yard in Okehampton in the mid 1980s.
With the prod…
Devon based Blackdown Environmental has completed a strategic merger with NBC Environment to extend its portfolio of ecology services across the UK.
The deal will strengthen NBC Environment’s consultancy and wildlife management capabilities for customers in the private and public sectors. As an NBC company, Blackdown will be able to build upon its expertise and offer a greater range of added-val…
Established in 1994 by David Rogers, under whose name the business was operated, the business provides professional stocktaking services to clients in the retail sector across The South West. Valuations are carried out to regular clients mostly on an annual basis but also for ad hoc requirements such as business transfer, probate or insurance purposes.
David’s former career was as a bank manager a…
Forgecraft of Cheddar, Somerset has recently been acquired by Richard Hooper who has relocated his existing operation into the Forgecraft base.
Forgecraft was founded in 1980 by Greg Anniuk and a former business partner and, as the business expanded, was relocated to premises in Cheddar. The business is a specialist wrought ironwork fabricator with all work undertaken to order only and based on ei…
Former business owner of Otterton Mill takes on a new challenge.
Caroline Spiller, former co-owner of Otterton Mill, has recently taken on a new business challenge, with her purchase of a commercial cleaning company. Betterclean Services Exeter & Taunton offers a wide range of cleaning services for the business sector, partnering with clients as diverse as luxury car-showrooms to dental surgerie…
- Very long established business (servicing, repairs, diagnostics, M.o.T. testing and tyres, batteries & exhaust replacement)
- Strong, loyal customer following
- Little local competition in East Devon Town
- Caters for all makes of cars and light commercial vehicles
- Known for classic (especially Minis) and specialist (Kit) car repairs
- Member of the Motor Industry Code of Practice
- Recovery service provided
South West Shooting School based near Ilfracombe has recently been acquired by Carl Robinson. Having moved from Manchester Carl, bought Riverton Lakes and Holiday Cottages in 2012. He had been working on improving the coarse angling and holiday cottage offering at Swimbridge near Barnstaple to bring it up to a high standard. In his spare time Carl enjoyed shooting clay pigeons at the school based…
The Cherry Tree – Appearing at an Event Near You
Award winning chutneys, jams, marmalades and curds are the speciality of The Cherry Tree. The products are manufactured in small batches using the finest ingredients at the production facility on Somerset and are distributed around the country via a number of ‘retailers’ operating under a franchise model. The products are sold via more specialist in…
CB Refrigeration Ltd Bought By Directors Behind Leading Electrical Services and Facilities Company.
The Directors of electrical engineering and facilities company, Ayjay Group Ltd have recently purchased the established refrigeration business CB Refrigeration Ltd, with the assistance of specialist business transfer agency, Beardsley Theobalds.
Based in South Wales, CB Refrigeration Ltd was establ…
- Long and well established (domestic and commercial trade)
- Excellent name and reputation for quality of products, competitive prices and service
- Experienced, knowledgeable and loyal workforce
- Turnover approximately £1.6m in latest financial year (previous year £1,346,523)
- Adjusted Net Profit £209,000
- Real and significant scope for further business development (in particular the definite potential to e…
- Long and well established business with enviable name and reputation in South Devon
- Strong and broad customer base in public and private sectors
- Solid and profitable business but real and significant scope for further expansion
- Well equipped for its trade
- Excellent staff
- Turnover £426,000
- Adjusted net profit £178,000
- Genuine retirement sale
- Print trade experience not essential – will suit, for example, a…
Business Expansion by Acquisition Provides Added Geographic Coverage
Oil Services South West, based near Okehampton, was established in 1994 by Alan Oram and his wife Christine offering the supply and installation, servicing and repair of oil-fired boilers, central heating systems and oil tanks. Supported by two engineers they built up an excellent reputation operating largely in the residential m…
Hullabaloo was established in July 2013 by Patrizia Chappell when she, as a parent of two young children, saw a gap in the market for a play centre in Shepton Mallet. When an ideal premises became available she jumped at the chance to develop a centre that she herself would be happy to use. She demanded a very high standard and cleanliness, safety, security and hygiene were of paramount importanc…